Re: 13 inch tires

To: W_Pierzga@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: 13 inch tires
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:55:04 EDT

<< I would welcome some informed advice on the largest 13 inch tires which can
 be fit to the standard LAT wheels without interfering with the body of the
 car.

 Presently I have 185 x 60's that are about 25 years old which I want to
 replace before I put the MkII Tiger on the road....

 Would it be beneficial to mix a LAT - wide wheel (6 inch) with the original
 LAT wheels (5.5 inch): e.g. front / back?

 The MkII is original and I have no desire to mess with the body... >>

I wouldn't fit wider than 185s on 5.5" rims, personally, because I think you
are just going to have tread squirm and sidewall roll-over. 185/70 should fit
OK, some have had to trim the front valence, I did not.
Running 6" on the back makes sense, aesthetically and functionally. You can
go as wide as 215 on the 6" rim, but might run into fender lip problems if
the car is lowered at all. You can roll the lips easily or grind them smooth
and reweld.
Mike