Re: springs

To: mjb2@home.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: springs
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 06:52:50 -0700
On my '64 Tiger the PO dialed in (I think) almost as much neg. camber as
possible.  You can see the wheels slanted in at the top and a stack of
shims at the top of each a-arm.  This got rid of the plow but it's a bear
to steer.  Worse if I'm carrying a passenger.  But she is quick in the
corners.  And I haven't noticed any undo tire wear on the inside tread like
everyone warned me about.  So this is a trick if you want a cheap solution
to the plowing problem.
Let the flames begin.
regards Armand

>i have a question about springs, front and rear for my 65' tiger.  since
>i received so many answers about the shocks, i figured i might ask about
>springs. this is not a X-cross car. am i to assume (dangerous word) that
>i want to keep the rear  springs as designed by the engineers and
>stiffen the fronts?  i see that a front is advertised around 325lbs,
>that is give or take.  since my 66' mustang has 480's on the front and
>only weighs 300 pounds more than the tiger and rides quite well,
>wouldn't it make sense to at least apply the same thought.  i would like
>to drive and not plow, i live in the city.

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie