Cold Air

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Cold Air
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:00:59 -0400
All this cold air talk reminds me of an experiment I did on my '73 Capri V-6.
I copied the air induction system of the factory RS2600 rally cars using
cardboard and masking tape (this was an experiment, OK?), which collected cold
air just ahead of the radiator. I removed the inlet on the air cleaner, and fed
the cold air straight in using a plastic flex tube.  I never tried to quantify
any power gain, but I got my best gas mileage ever (with this car) using this
setup.  The materials were not exactly robust, so it was back to "stock" in
time for  winter, when I really wanted some hot air anyway.  I was going to
build it up again using sheet metal, but........well, you know how that goes.

I wondered about doing this with the Tiger, but I never came up with an idea
that wouldn't be really ugly to implement, and I like to keep things pretty
close to stock.

Stu