Re: cold air

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: cold air
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 19:32:56 -0400
I am getting my MK1 back in a week, after lots of body work, including 2
hoods.  The first is the stock hood.

The second is a stock hood, that has an oval of 1" larger than the stock
air cleaner cut into the hood.  On top of that is a custom all metal
rear facing air scoop, taking air from the high pressure area of the windshield.

I will build a lower bottom plate for the air cleaner and use the stock
upper portion, with a seal for the air clearer assembly to the hood.

I also had the body man fabricate air outlets from the engine
compartment, to the outside fenders, connected by an all metal/welded
outlet.  Lotttttttttts of work, a triangle to a parallelogram, in an
area that is verrrrrry tight.

Thanks to Tom Hall for the conformation that these outlets work on the
Tiger, even though they should in theory.  They look really Neat (Neat
is an old word, which now translates to Cool).

Larry