Front valence fixation

To: tigers@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Front valence fixation
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:33:32 -0700 (PDT)
I have to put on a new valence from Tiger Tom's.  Several DPO's ago
someone cut out the "bulkhead" that goes in front of the lower radiator
and allows (on my car) a horizontal square tube of sheet metal to be
welded to the backside center of the front valence (behind the circle
hole).  This is to stabilize the valence I presume.  (I still have the
removed piece)  At the SOS I checked every car there to see how they
handled the attachment of the front valence.  Much to my surprise there
was another way the valence attached.  On some cars, a flat metal bar
connected the bottom of the valence to the top by the center badege
assembly mounting.  What's the deal with this?  I saw Alpines and
Tigers done with both methods.  Is it an Alpine vs. Tiger thing or an
change order in mid production?  Which is appropriate for a Mk1a Tiger?

Thanks,

Chris