RE: Covers

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Covers
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:14:01 -0400
I don't think you want a waterproof cover.  It will be as good at keeping
moisture in as it will be at keeping moisture out.  A motorcycle with a cover
is pretty well ventilated, since the cover would only touch the bike at a few
places.  Your Tiger would have the whole hood, top, etc, in direct contact with
the cover.  Any condensation that collected there could lead to mildew, etc.

A better plan might be one of those garage tents that are advertised in the car
mags, Hemmings, etc.  Or get one of those giant blue tarps and make an "A"
frame you could drive the car underneath, etc.  I found a 20' x20' at a surplus
place for not much money. Use a regular cloth cover on the car.

The basic deal is to keep the car ventilated.

Stu