Re: cover

To: Dennis R Clark <clarks@best.com>
Subject: Re: cover
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:14:34 -0700
Dennis R Clark wrote:

> Listers,
>
> I'm looking for a totally water proof car cover. The Tiger is getting
> kicked
> out of the garage it is in. I don't have a hard/soft top yet so I was
> hoping a water proof cover
> would work. I know they are out there I have one for my motorcycle.
> Please
> email me if you know where I can get my hands on one.
>
> Dennis Clark/Doug Clark

Dennis,

There are "drive-in" bags that can be zipped up to completely moth-ball your
car.
This way, not even the wet street will get to the underside.

There are car covers that are water resistant, but most avoid these.  The reason
being that moisture can get in, and stay in, with humid air.  None, to my
knowledge, are hermetically sealed.  (You might try a huge polyethylene sheet
and
heat-seal it up.)

The problem is, that when the temperature drops, the moisture content of the air
reaches the dew point and condenses out.  Because the cover is water-proof, it
hangs around and rots, or rusts all the surfaces it so easily covers. This
happens
in repeated cycles of humidity, rain, and a warming up of the weather.
Something
that always happens.

Most go for the "let it get wet, let it dry out, and keep the sun away", because
that's what damages the paint.

Think about it.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/