Re: Originality

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Originality
From: dondaves@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 01:28:31 -0500 (CDT)
Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu wrote:
>Black on most 260s, but blue after about B382000600. There is some thought
>that the black engines were from Ford's industrial engine production and
>the blue engines were intended for automotive use.

When I restored the engine compartment of our old 64 1/2 Mustang a decade ago
(260 equipped), my research showed that the earliest Mustang V8 motors were
painted black with the valve covers and air filter painted gold.  It surprised
me how many  _experts_ would come by at the shows and point out that all ford
engines were supposed to be blue.  Anyway, as I remember it, the color changed
to blue around the same time they started installing alternators in place of
generators - mid to late summer of '64.

Don Daves