Re: Originality

To: rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu, dondaves@ix.netcom.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Originality
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 15:03:55 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/99 11:49:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu writes:

<< It looks to me like the color of the engines is not part of the
 documentation supplied by Ford. It seems surprising to me that the color
 change from black to blue would not have been uniform for all the engines
 produced. However, B382000600 was built in October of '65, long after you
 state that Ford switched the engine color from black to blue . It seems
 doubtful that Jensen was installing engines in late '65 that had been
 manufactured by Ford a full year earlier. My guess would be that the
 "Industrial" engines continued to be painted black until sometime in '65,
 while the engines designated for installation in Ford automobiles were
 painted blue. But my guess is as good as yours. >>

I was  under the impression that all Tigers were delivered with engine blocks
painted black. When I dropped the 302 into my Tiger, with block painted
later, Ford Blue (lighter color), I was nearly kicked out of the club for my
glaring error. I just thought it looked better against the satin black (also
incorrect, of course!) engine compartment and also had some lying around the
garage. At the time, someone (quite possibly Norm) told me that all the Tiger
engine blocks should be black.
Mike