Walnut Dash

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Walnut Dash
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:37:16 -0700 (PDT)
While I am having my Mk1a painted I am going to
refinish/reveneer my dash.  I don't think mine is
original.  It is plywood with some sort of non-walnut
veneer.  It is routed out on the back side to allow
for the mounting of switches.  The cubby hole was
covered over with a "plug" (glued the door in
place)which protrudes from the back about 1/4 inch.  I
have found several color pictures of dashes on the web
but I don't know which ones are original.  I have seen
several very nice burl walnut dashes at events, are
these original?  How about the cubby hole cover, did
Tigers come with "glove compartment" doors (sorry,
this was discussed a few months back) And last but not
least, does the finish on dash match the finish on the
steering wheel?

Thanks,
Chris

=====