RE: Title Question

To: "'Kent Baker'" <kentb@qualcomm.com>,
Subject: RE: Title Question
From: Chris Thompson <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 11:57:40 -0500
My '66 1a is registered as a '65 Rootes Roadster.  In my case the date was
changed to sneak it under CA smog regulations when the PO showed the CA DMV
folks Book of Norman that shoed it was manufactured in November of '65.  Since
it doesn't matter in VA, I tried in vain to get it retitled properly when I
bought it.

As has been well documented, back in the 60's and before, cars were generally
titled in the year they were purchased, not by model year, so that probably
explains your '67 1a.  I wouldn't worry about it.  It certainly won't effect
the value or TAC-ability of the car.  And obviously, regardless of the title,
it's still a 1a...

Chris Thompson
Executive Vice President
Recognition Research, Inc.