RE: Temperature drop across a rad

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>, Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: RE: Temperature drop across a rad
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:05:51 -0600
Bob, Steve, Theo, and Listers,
Help me out here,

Bob, You said,
(You don't seem to be confused about the issue of odd versus even number of
passes Steve. If you wanted a two-pass you could, for example, move the
inlet to the same side as the outlet; i.e., the right hand side. This would
be possible with an alternator if it is located as low as possible or even
moved to the left hand side (but which I wouldn't recommend).)

Based on our current discussion of cooling my question relates to pressure
in a hydraulic system. I have heard people saying that there is more
pressure right after the pump than there is at the end of the water path in
a cooling system. My grade twelve physics is a little weak but in a
hydraulic system pressure is supposed to be constant throughout the system.
if it is not, how would brakes work? Is there a pressure differential due to
steam in the system or is it due to differing temperatures through out the
system? the expansion tendencies could explain differing pressures or is
there an explanation due to the Flow of coolant throughout the system.
Liquid, for all intents and purposes, is incompressible at the pressures we
are talking and as such should have equal pressure throughout the system.

Maybe some of you engineering types can helpout.

At least I did not say a dirty word like ... GM or anything.
Regards,
Tim Ronak