Re: Strange Panel Lamp Switch?

To: cloverdale <marrone@wco.com>
Subject: Re: Strange Panel Lamp Switch?
From: Steve Sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 17:09:14 -0800

cloverdale wrote:

> "My car has a three position panel lamp switch."

My 1964 Series IV Alpine (long since sold) definitely, from the factory, had the
three position panel switch, OFF/LOW/HIGH. Since the panel lights are pretty dim
anyway, the LOW position wasn't used very often.

As a related bit of information, my speedo/tach and oil gauge lights on my
current Series V were too dim for my liking. The stock bulbs are apparently 2.2
watts. A local British car parts store carries 3 watt bulbs of the same
configuration and I installed them. The gauges are now much brighter anc clearer
than before.

Steve Sage
Series V Alpine (with only a two position panel switch)