Re: Cold Start Myths

To: comorgan@juno.com, DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cold Start Myths
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 22:47:19 EST
In a message dated 01/18/2000 7:01:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
comorgan@juno.com writes:

<<  Over the Christmas break it was
 -30 degrees.  My car wouldn't start for one week and I was stranded. >>

Now, for my winter horror story...

Imagine this, six 18 year olds on spring break in Smugglers Notch, NH (I
think, I rode up in the back of the car, it could have been in Vermont).
First night, the batteries in both cars freeze, cracking their cases. We're
out in the middle of nowhere, but at least the drinking age is only 18...
Two days later, get both cars running, no more taking the shuttle bus to go
skiing. Had a good time, start to drive home. Now, the one kid's father's
MERCEDES  experiences radiator freeze and loses a head gasket...in the middle
of Vermont. After deciding that going to Canada to avoid telling "pops" that
his baby is mortally wounded isn't going to fly, we leave it for dead on the
side of the road, pile the six of us into the other kid's 1970 Cougar (351C
4bbl, yee haw!) and make it home by dinner...

Northern California ain't that cold-
Mike