Re: tires for stock wheels

To: sbrennan@master.ncounty.net
Subject: Re: tires for stock wheels
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 23:53:54 EST
I discovered that I had falt spotted my front tires
at SUNI III.  You could see the steel belt.  Didn't
notice until after I had driven it back to Aurora, IL.

Sadly I found that Dunlop no longer made the
GT Qualifier in the 185 x 70 that I had.  I cruised
the Dunlop web site www.dunlop.com and found
that they made three tires in 185 x 70 but none
were 'H' rated like the old GT Qualifiers.  Oddly
one of the tires had a bigger diameter that resulted
in fewer revs per mile.  I chose the SP20's that
are 'S' rated (112 mph) and mounted them on
my LAT 9's.  I found that like my old GT's I have
over 1/2" clearance with the uncut front valence.

If the Dunlop's are available I would have bought
Goodrich Radial TA's through their racing program.

But for purity sake I stuck with Dunlop.

Dave Johnson, Aurora
where a couple of wierdo's are looking for Pacer parts.