Tiger Soft Top Cover Question (soft boot or metal?)

To: "'Tiger'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiger Soft Top Cover Question (soft boot or metal?)
From: Jonathan Evans <jonathan.evans@microcraftcorp.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:50:16 -0500
Just noticed on the email about the Tiger for sale on eBay that it has the
metal (?) body color flaps that hide the soft top when it is down.  Was
this a feature of the earlier MK1's???  My father's mk1 does not have this,
as it has the soft pleather "boot" cover with the "lift the dots" for
attachment.  In fact, the soft top is about 3 inches higher than it would
have to be if it were to store underneath the "trap doors."   I think those
body colored panels look fantastic, so smooth and precise.  Where do they
go when the soft top is up??

Which years (mks) had which tops? (including alpines)

Keep in mind that I've seen just 2 tigers before and only a few Alpines.
 All the Alpines had the metal covers, all the tigers had the pleather
cover.  I guess I just jumped to my conclusion.

I always thought the tiger in the movie "Commando" (with Arnold S.) was a
fake because it had the metal covers for the soft top.  Come on, I know you
all have seen this movie many times!  I love it when he catches that 911.
 Can't seem to remember which Bond film had the tiger either, but I think
it was also the

Just trying to clear up my confusion!

Jonathan Evans