RE: Headers help needed

To: "'James Pickard'" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Headers help needed
From: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:11:56 -0600
Hi Jim,
1) At the engine mounts there's probably not more than 1/8" of motion. If
you have that much (or a little more) clearance between the headers and the
frame side of the mounts, then you're okay. The headers can be much closer
to the engine side of the mounts, provided you're not touching the rubber
parts. You should be using the heat shield pieces to protect the rubber.
Mark Olson's web site has a pattern for these in his 'tech tips' page.
2) A number of adapters that work are out there. Apparently Ford Motorsports
has a right-angle adapter (no hoses required), and Canton and Dale's make
aluminum billet adapters if you want to go the remote filter route.
3).On my Tiger, the fuel line is routed up the inside of the bell housing
depression (in the corner) , and enters the engine compartment just above
the right valve cover. Tom Hall has suggested going along the outside of the
frame rail, and drilling a hole just below the booster, to enter the engine
compartment from there.

I just finished making a new front half for the exhaust, to go from my old
headers to a new pair of 2" flowmasters (their part # 42050). I can get you
some pictures if you'd like (I have some already, just need to get one of
the muffler mounts). Not that I'd recommend exactly the fuel line methods
that the PO used - seems he couldn't get more than about three feet of steel
line or something.

Regards,
Theo