Re: Headers help needed

To: James Pickard <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Headers help needed
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:01:18 -0400
Hi Jim.  I also used SS header.  They are nicely made, but they need to
be dimpled to clear the motor mounts.

On the oil line, I used a spin on adapter by Trans Dapped to the block,
that also must be shaved down, and the headers dimpled, and ran flex
lines to another adapter for a spin on filter, mounted upside down t the
front of the left head.

This is a neat, clean installation, and when changing the filter, poke a
hole in the filter top, let it drain, and then spin it off, without a mess.

On the vapor lock, I assume that your fuel line runs along the right
frame rail above the header, along side of the brake line to the rear.
What I did was make a heat shield out of galvanized 16 gauge steel,
bolted to the Alpine holes already there.  This shield can be cut to fit
and protect the fuel lines from heat for the short distance exposed to
the header and exhaust pipe.

Good Luck.

Larry