RE: Tiger Temperatures

To: <Hal436@aol.com>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tiger Temperatures
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 13:11:14 -0700
Hal,

In the words of those much wiser than I, "...if it ain't puk'in fluid, it
ain't overheating"

Quite simply, 200 to 210 is not a problem IMHO.  The most efficient
operating temperature as noted by Ford factory engineers is between 195 and
210 degrees.  It is at this temperature that you get the most efficiency,
economy and least engine wear.  At least according to the Ford Guys.

I really would not start worrying until you reach 230 plus, AND it is puking
radiator fluid.  Keep in mind that you can reach as much as 230 when idling,
which is OK if your gauge is accurate, as long as when you get moving again,
I drops down to the 200-210 range.

Also, as a relatively new Tiger owner, I must warn you to properly fill the
header tank, which I unfortunately did not in the beginning.  The header
tank should only be filled half-way when the engine is cold.  This will give
you plenty of room when the water in the radiator expands.  Also, a Stant 13
lb cap is a good idea as well.

The operating temperature as you have noted is just fine.  Don't
worry....drive your car...have fun.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373