RE: Dumb things that happen when you're in a hurry.

To: "'Fraser, Ron'" <Ron.Fraser@usa.xerox.com>,
Subject: RE: Dumb things that happen when you're in a hurry.
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:39:43 -0600
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the info. Over lunch I went back to the shop, pressed the ball
joint off the ring, and cleaned things up. It looks like the pieces were
originally friction-welded together, and only about 3/4 of the circumference
had ever been attached fully. I tacked things back together (about seven 3/4
inch welds) and I was able to install the new balljoint with no problems
(just lots of grunt on the press). I used red loctite between the ball joint
and the ring - hopefully that (and the snap ring) will keep things in place.

I had already installed new delrin bushings but maybe I'll press things
apart again to re-weld the pivot bushings - looks like I'll be repainting
the entire control arm, again...

Thanks again,

Theo