Re: paint advice needed

To: Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>
Subject: Re: paint advice needed
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 17:17:53 -0400
Tom, POR-15 is very good, and yes it likes to adhere to surface rust for
a better bite.  If you have some other product on the metal, live with
it or take it off, because no matter what you put on, it's only as good
as  what's under it.

POR-15 is what I used on my springs after blasting them.

If you find the buttons, let me know, as I may replace the originals.

Rust never sleeps, so if you have undercoat, it may look good, but you
will never be able to tell until it comes off.  In the rear where the
rear springs mount to the front spring mounts, clean this area off
really good, because this is where you get structural cracks, and the
undercoating hides it real good.

Spend the extra, and messy time, as it is well worth the effort down the road.

I am doing a ground up resto, and had the entire body media blasted, and
another friend, had his dipped.  It looked good in some areas till it
came down to bare metal.  You don't want surprises later.

Good Luck.

BTW, what is a Econo Tiger restoration?  Everyone I know spent much more
than they thorough, and didn't call it an Econo after they were through.

Larry