Re: Miss Fire

To: Craig Wright <craig@productdesigngroup.com>
Subject: Re: Miss Fire
From: "Chris J. Richards" <richards@northcoast.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:41:24 -0400

Craig Wright wrote:

> Hello Chris,
>
> Of those items, the most likely to
> go bad is the Unilite unit. People have claimed that they fail often.

I've used the Unilite for 20 years in many vehicles and have only seen them
fail when the
voltage provided has not been regulated (too high).  I would reccommend hooking
his engine to
an occiliscope.  Check all connections, jumper power to the ignition votage
reducer (12v
side), check voltage on the coil side of the reducer.  I've hot wired many with
the same
symptom and seen the problem go away.  Then it is just a matter of finding the
bad connection
or possibly a problem with the ignition switch.

Chris in Trinidad