Re: Miss Fire

To: tigeriowa@yahoo.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miss Fire
From: Lbatman4U@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 07:43:33 EDT
In a message dated 9/29/2000 10:41:09 AM, larry.p@erols.com writes:

<< Chris, are the plug wire new, and if at night can you see arching?  As
you know I rebuilt my tach, as the large capacitor goes bad after 35
years.  But tach would not cause the car to miss.

Good luck

Larry >>

Actually Tach can cause miss. Engine diagnostic machines are hooked to "tach"
connection (negative primary side of ignition coil) equivalent to "points"
connection. Machines are then able to perform a "power balance test" by
automatically shutting down one cylinder at a time to see how much this
causes the engine to slow down. If tach reading does not drop, that cylinder
is not firing.

Larry B