water bottle

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: water bottle
From: "Parfitt, Bill @ PDX" <BParfitt@GlacierNW.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:51:48 -0700
Hi listers, I recently received a water bottle and bracket from a fellow
lister which doesnt want to fit. The bottle (3.75" in. dia) without the
mounting bracket fits snugly. However when you add the mounting bracket
(which adds another 3.75 inches) it just wont make it; not even close.
Besides the bracket does not mate with what appears to be an extension on
the engine compartment located where the bottle shoud go which I always
thought was infront of the generator. Could I have an Alpine mounting
bracket. For comparison there is one on ebay that is exactly what I have.
Can anyone help? Regards, Bill Parfitt