Re: Sunbeam Tiger scale model sought

To: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>, <amace@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Tiger scale model sought
From: Dick Barker <dickbarker@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:28:49 -0800
Andy, Steve, et al,

Additional Tiger models not mentioned are a 1/32 scale plastic kit by
Aurora, part # 601-50 (I think that last number was the price), which today
is pretty hard to find.  Currently available is a British-made 1/43 resin
kit of a Rootes rally Tiger, complete with a Minilite spare on the boot and
decals for reg. no. ADU 312 B.

I think the finest Tiger model of all is the one imported from England by
long-time Tiger owner and friend, Wally Swift.  These beautiful 1/43 scale
die-cast cars are available as either a MK I or a MK II, come in several
authentic Rootes colors, with or without a removable hardtop, and with
stock or aftermarket wheels.  These are still available from Wally, and
while I'm not sure of the cost, I think it's around $150.  I don't think
that Wally is on the internet; I'm checking on that.  In the meantime, he
can be contacted at:

Wally Swift
11313 Stephen Lane
Beltsville, MD  20705-2832