Re: Cooling

To: "Smit, Theo" <theo.smit@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Cooling
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:10:36 -0500
There was also some previous information that theses holes just bring in
dirt and water from the wheel well, because the pressure is such that
the wheel well do not cause a lower pressure, ie pull air out, but just
the reverse.

I also remember an article about using a small elec. motor and fan to
create the vacuum in the wheel wells to pull out the hot air from under
the hood.

I did put vents in metal from the engine area through the fender well
area to the outside of the fender.

They work, and anytime the engine is on, you can feel the air coming out
of these vents, whether the air is cold or hot, it is still coming out.

I have also blocked the holes on either side of the radiator, where the
horns are, so that the air is directed to the radiator, more efficiently.

This air vent through the fender can be done, but requires repainting
the outside.  It is not rocket science, but does take some skill or
patience, and repainting or the fender. So you have to decide if it is
worth the effort.  I was doing a ground up resto, so just one more thing
to do.

Larry