Re: Tiger concerns

To: Mark Fridenstine <laceyf@crosslink.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger concerns
From: Stu Brennan <sbrennan@master.ncounty.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:20:35 -0500
Generator Gauge?  Do you mean a voltmeter or an ammeter?

For a voltmeter, find some switched 12V under the dash, the ignition
switch is a good place, and connect it in.  One lead to the 12V, the
other to ground.  If it's the typical heater type gauge, it does not
matter which is which.

For an ammeter, you want to get in series with the fat brown wire that
runs across the firewall over to the regulator.  Identify this from the
schematic.  Lead identity is important here since you probably want
charging to indicate (+), and discharging to indicate (-).  It's less
confusing that way.

If you have to ask these questions, maybe you should find a local buddy
who is familiar with auto wiring to help you out.  A six pack ( for
AFTER), and athe offer of a ride/drive should do it.

Stu