Re: when to shift

To: cvaught@hawaii.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: when to shift
From: JEwords@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:43:07 EST
Listers:

There's at least one fast Tiger owner who lets his transmission do most of
the shifting. I'm talking about Jerry Porsch, who has turned 10.61 @ 124 mph
on the bottle and with rear slicks. Jerry's Tiger has a 302 roller motor with
aluminum heads, a cam with a lotta lift, a 125 hp nitrous injection kit, a
modified C-4 automatic and a shortened Chrysler rear (with I think, a 3:55
gear). He has also installed a solid front motor plate to replace the stock
motor mounts and runs a roll cage. This car really hooks up, and he routinely
lifts the left front tire a couple of inches off the strip when he launches.
Still, he does drive it on the street. Riding with Jerry is not for the faint
of heart.

Jerry does a lot of bracket racing, and many TEAE drag strip fans saw him
turn in the 11s with street tires at the United in '99 at Solomon Island, MD.
He recently moved from Orlando to Albuquerque, and the last time I talked
with him, was still trying to get the car tuned to run at the higher altitude.

John Webber

66 MK IA
67 MK II