Interior Refinishing Question

To: "Alpine List (E-mail)" <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Interior Refinishing Question
From: Frank Marrone <Fmarrone@turinnetworks.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 12:35:31 -0800
Hi,

I've started installing the carpet in my Tiger and I had a question about
the driveshaft tunnel covering.  I know that the tunnel under the center
consul was originally covered with vinyl.  What about the portion of the
tunnel directly under the ash tray of the consul?  I'm talking about the
part of that stiffener ridge that runs across the floorpan (near the front
of the seat rails) that rides over the tunnel.  The carpet kit I have
includes a piece of carpet for the horizontal portion of the ridge that
crosses the tunnel but the vertical surfaces of the ridge will be exposed as
far as I can tell using just the pieces in my carpet kit.  Is there supposed
to be vinyl covering the portion of the tunnel I've tried to describe?

Thanks!

Frank Marrone
Turin Networks
fmarrone@turinnetworks.com