Long Legs

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Long Legs
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:37:17 -0500
Hi Group.  I have received a lot of responses to the Long Leg issue.
Thanks Group.

 There are lots of people with the same problem. Here is the response so far.

1. Move the pivot pins in the brake and clutch to gain room.

2. Adjust the seat up and down, and rake to add space for your body.

3.  Go to a smaller steering wheel.  I did this, and am currently using
a 14" wheel, but still have the problem.

4.  Move, adjust the shifter for right leg room.  I have a T-5 trans,
and do not have problem with this as it is already adjusted, by being in
the center of the tran tunnel and I can also move it further right.

5.  Adjust steering column.

6.  Heat and bend the brake and clutch pedals to move them farther
toward the fire wall.

7.  Cut some of the foam out of the rear of the seat back, and make sure
the seat goes back to the rear shelf area.

8,  Drive the car for many years and learn to live with it.

9.  Add a cruise control, so that your right leg does not go to sleep.

10  Cut the rear shelf area, where the seat hits the rear shelf area.
Does this interfere with Rick's roll bar, don't know yet.

11.  Use a different seat.  One suggestion is an after market seat for a
Porsche 914, very comfortable, and won't tell price, cause wife is
looking over shoulder, but driver is also less than 6'.

These are all good suggestions, and may work for you.  Good luck.

I have contacted several seat manufacturers, and when the weather is
good will drive out to their distr. and try a seat in my car to see if
it works, in real time.  Some are with adjustable backs, and others are
a fixed frame.

I will let you know of the progress and or solutions for me.

BTW, we have some reeeeeeally tall people, with loooooooong inseams in
Tigers.  Lots of, "I live with it, because I like the Tiger, but would
like to find a solution."

Some of the responses are really funny, and something I can relate to
about the flailing of arms and legs, while driving fast.  Funny and scary.

If you have further experience and suggestions, let me know, as there
are a lot of people from 5'-6" up who are looking for solutions to the
same issue.

Larry