Re: black & yellow plates

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Subject: Re: black & yellow plates
From: jay peterson <sfm081@rain.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:36:13 -0700
Another "but" is the plates need to have a year sticker that corresponds
to the year of the car  they are going on, ie if you are registering a
'58, you will need a '58 sticker on the matching, clear (not in service),
plates. I was lucky enough to find a set of plates for my '61 other brand
with the right sticker, but I believe the stickers are available from the
guys who deal in license plates if you need one. Then its a quick (or
maybe not so quick) trip into the DMV, pay the extra money for the "Year
of Manufacture" plates to be transferred to the car, and then install
them. There is an ongoing yearly fee for the plates that is around $35 if
I remember correctly.
Jay Peterson