Re: black & yellow plates

To: "Roger Brother" <rogerbrother@hotmail.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: black & yellow plates
From: Rob Guerra <tiger351w@home.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 23:12:04 -0800
It's not impossible, but it would seem unlikely.  I have had two separate
sets of Black and Yellow plates reissued.  However, both sets were from the
original cars, and I had original registrations showing these plates
belonged to each car. My local DMV office was of no help.  Each time I was
denied re-issue of the plate and had to go directly to the Sacramento office.

I understand each DMV office is like its own little "kingdom" and what hold
true in one, is not necessarily the case in another.

I can also tell you that any black and gold plate wont due, you need to
have one that was issued in the same year as your car to even stand a
chance - or at least that is what Sacramento has told me in the past.

Good luck

At 01:44 PM 03/20/2001, Roger Brother wrote:
>can any one tell us if we can activate some old black and yellow california
>plate for our tiger
>
>roger

Rob

66 Sunbeam Tiger (351 W)             64 Sunbeam Tiger (HiPo 289)         65
Sunbeam Alpine (Rotary)
67 Mustang Fastback          98 Mustang Cobra  # 4973        96 F-250 4wd

Check out the latest pictures of my Tiger Restoration:
http://www.members.home.com/bomber441

My Mustangs:
http://www.kaiserair.com/oldsite/mustangs.html