Re: black & yellow plates

To: Rob Guerra <tiger351w@home.com>
Subject: Re: black & yellow plates
From: jay peterson <sfm081@rain.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 06:32:37 -0700
I believe I made an error in my earlier post on this subject. I was reffering to
the process for gold and black (ie '56- '63 plates) not he later ones. For
plates prior to '63 you can follow the process I outlined before, but for
'63-'70 (I think the black and yellow went to early '70) Rob's comments below
are similar to my experiences.The only difference being  my  local office was
able to activate my Tiger plates (once they saw old registrations with the
number) without me going to Sacramento. I will add one thing, however, regarding
a possible way to activate a black and yellow that was not originally on the
car. If the numbers are clear, obtain a personalized license plate with the
numbers of the black and yellow plates you have. After the DMV sends the new
license plates with the same numbers as the black and yellow,  put the new
plates away and install the black and yellow. I have not tried this, but have
talked to 2 different people who say their plates were put into service this
way.
Jay Peterson