Re: Rear bearings, Brake drum questions

To: Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>
Subject: Re: Rear bearings, Brake drum questions
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 18:57:34 -0400
Tom, First Please put paragraphs in your posting.  It's very hard to read this
way.

Now, have you reassembled the rear assembly.  If not, or even if you have, put
anti seize on the mating parts.  If you do the run out properly, and not just
extra shims, as you may be surprised that it may not be enough, then you need
to take it apart till you have it right.  I have tried everything, and only
anti seize will work on tight parts that you want to take apart.  That includes
suspension parts.

You can make shims, go to a machine shop, go to a really good old style auto
parts store, a Mac truck company, CAT as in Catipiler shop, and act like you
really need help.  They have them, and you may have to cut them to fit, but no
problem.

If you ruined the rear drums, the Alpine fit.

Larry