Hood Won't Open

To: Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hood Won't Open
From: "Dr. T. Y. McDowell" <tym@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 08:33:36 -0400
Tigers,

I have my heater core out for repair.  The sun came out yesterday (a
rarity in New England as of late).  With the core out, the hood latching
mechanism is out also.  I started the car, first time since December.
Let it warm up and checked for leaks.  Anyway, I closed the hood and
took the car out "to get some gas".  I can't open the hood!  I can't
understand what's holding it as the locking mechanism attached to the
hood should be sitting in the heater core cavity or thereabouts.

Help!!

Tym McDowell