Engine Block I.D. needed

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Block I.D. needed
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 21:10:35 -0700
Well after having my Tiger for a year and a half I finally got the back end
down on the ground and immediately proceeded to jack up the front. This
availed me the opportunity to pull the starter and  identify the bock. The
seller hinted it was a HiPo 289, but the small balancer and vacuum advance
distributor seem to indicate NO! On the other hand the valves sound solid
(in type) and amid the paper work that came with the car there was a receipt
for a HiPo 289, so you never know. Well I thought for sure I had saved info
about block I.D., but can I find it now??? NO.  --- O.K the number is
C40E-6015C so can anyone tell me what I have. I'm more curious than I am
hoping so don't feel you might be the bearer of bad news. Thanks, Tom Witt
B9470101