Fwd: Another "Race" Tiger? (long)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Another "Race" Tiger? (long)
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 00:32:03 EDT
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Full-name: MWood24020
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 00:21:13 EDT
Subject: Another "Race" Tiger? (long)
To: tigers@autox.team.net

Some of you may remember my posting (a few months ago) the "discovery" of a
Tiger here in the SF Bay Area which was alleged to have been "a race car
since day one" by the local collector/exotic auto dealer to whom which it had
been consigned.
A  phone call to Norm Miller established the true pedigree of the alleged
racer, which proved to be a relatively recent vintage race conversion, not a
bona fide
SCCA production racer from the '60s.
Well, here we go again...
Tonight, I'm looking through the advertisements in Victory Lane, a vintage
racing publication, kind of curious to see how the ad I submitted to sell my
'67 Crusader Formula Vee reads, when I see this (too bad you can't cut and
paste from a magazine!):

1965 Tiger
The car was originally purchased new in L.A. Never plated, race prepped at
Holman & Moody, Guldstrand Engr., and Strope (sic) Enterprises. Full LAT
options. Suspension mods include a Ford limited slip 9" rear end. Race
history documentation (which I will have to dig up). Believe it was
originally an Art Firms car. During its life modified w/a COMPLETE cage. Last
raced in Canada as the equivalent of a sports racer. Mixed it up w/the Cobras
on the straights. (The engine was a super-hot Ford small block unlimited.)
The car is musty but complete. It comes w/a mildly prodified 289 (out of
car), 2 top loader 4-speeds and some body panel spares. Located in Sunnyvale,
CA, and can be delivered. Had it about 20 years, now. Admit I'll not get
around to ever doing anything w/it. "Serious Inquiries Only, Please."
408-XXX-XXXX days

Does anyone want to venture a guess, or better yet the straight story, on
what is being sold here?
Mike