Re: Possible temp gauge solution

To: blmoss@prodigy.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Possible temp gauge solution
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 10:58:22 EDT
Brian,
    Ford has two different (aluminum or cast iron) thermostat housing/upper
hose castings available that solved the same problem for me.  I have the Ford
part number for the aluminum version if you want it...but it is pricey.  I
used a direct reading (bourdon tube type) Smithes water temperature gauge and
the fitting on the bulb end is much smaller than the American size.  However,
the Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite uses a perfect adapter, and it raises the
bulb so it clears the thermostat.
Jim Leach   Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle