RE: more info on hard hot starting problem

To: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@mediaone.net>,
Subject: RE: more info on hard hot starting problem
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 20:58:52 -0700
Stu, Listers,

Most fuel pumps have a problem when you put a restriction like a fuel filter
between the pump and the tank. In fact, the installation instructions will
usually tell you this. I realize, from the point of view of keeping crud out
of your pump, this seems like a good idea. One of the few pumps that will
work OK with a moderate amount of restriction before the pump is the Mallory
gear type pump (works just like an engine oil pump). The symptom when you
have a filter in front of a vane type pump is fuel starvation (i.e.,
missing) at full throttle. BTDT.

Bob