Re: colors & part numbers

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: colors & part numbers
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 22:13:34 -0600
Hi Bob, and everyone,

What? It's my understanding that Tigers, starting with VIN B382000001, have the
vinyl cover boot for the soft top, vs. the three hinged metal panels for the
B947xxxx Tigers, and that by common consensus, the B38200xxxx Tigers are called
Mk1A's, while the B947xxxx Tigers are Mk1's. I'd never heard of any imprecision
in the transition definition except that the factory never designated any Tigers
as Mk1A, they only distinguish between the 260 and the 289 powered cars as Mk1
and Mk2, respectively.

Best regards from Calgary,
Theo

Dave, Sean,