Re: colors & part numbers

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Subject: Re: colors & part numbers
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@home.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:36:02 -0600
Gee, thanks for the pointer, Steve.

Page 160, second paragraph, titled "B382000001 to approximately B382000900:"

"The second group of cross-over bodies were identical to the first, with the
exception of metal soft-top boot covers, which were replaced with a vinyl
boot and the dropping of the "Sunbeam" letters from the grill opening".

As I stated previously, the changeover from metal soft top boot to the vinyl
boot coincided with the serial number scheme changeover, and it is the
B38200xxxx cars that are generally considered to be Mk1As. I agree there are
many other changes that pre and post-date the soft-top cover change, but it
was my understanding that if a line was to be drawn between the Mk1 and Mk1A
production, then the serial numbering is the difference, and the vinyl soft
top boot provides an easy identification of which side a Tiger's on.

Theo