Re: A help request from any list members in the Denver area.

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: A help request from any list members in the Denver area.
From: SJC Worldwide <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 15:41:56 -0700
Steve Laifman wrote:

> Kathy and Erich Coiner wrote:
> >
> > Elsewhere he notes that the access hatch for the Alpine battery/Tiger fuel
> > pump was not required and thus never punched out.  It would seem that
> > removing that hatch with no signs of welding/patching would be very
> > difficult to do.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Erich   Tigerless, but trying to fix that
>
> Erich,
>
> There IS an access hatch on the Tiger. That is where the fuel pump can
> be reached. BUT, there is no battery box welded around the access hole,
> which has a ledge, but does not have the remains of a welded battery

My understanding is that the MKII, which has the fuel pump in the trunk, does
not have the battery box door. I also just checked The Book and on page 175,
toward the bottom, Norm verifies that, relating to the MKII,  "No fuel pump
access door was needed and that section of the body, unlike all other models,
was not die punched during manufacture"

Steve Sage