Re: Jack be nimble

To: Radialman@aol.com
Subject: Re: Jack be nimble
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@home.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 22:24:36 -0600
Up until about a month ago I had a Mallory Unilite distributor in my Tiger, and
if I was leaving the car anywhere for any
length of time I'd remove the rotor. That's a piece that a thief wouldn't
necessarily think to bring along, and it would give
lots of cranking but no hope of ever starting the car if they did try to
hotwire it. Now that I've got a stock (well, Ford,
anyway) distributor and MSD in it I'll have to use one of the spare ignition
triggers wires to prevent the car from starting.
Just gotta find a good place for a switch.

Probably half of all non-concours Tigers have PO-applied cutouts in the
soft-top bulkhead for speakers. Since yours is a Mk1
that may not be true, but you should check the backside of the center clamshell
door anyway.

Regards,
Theo