RE: Clutch Help

To: "Clifford A. Costa" <csquared@idsi.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch Help
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 01:26:45 -0700
Cliff,

I wish I could help you with determining if you need to have the units
sleeved.  As both units are cast out of Aluminum, one would suspect that you
would want to have them "sleeved" when they are honed out of tolerance....
which I suppose you can only determine when you do the rebuild and find that
they still lead AFTER the rebuild.

For me I have always planned on taking both slave and master out and having
them both sleeved for the past several years, but I have just never gotten
around to it as it would put the car out of action for a while.

Really, the benefit of having them sleeved is a reduced need for honing and
(from what I have heard,) longer life between rebuilds.

I suppose the bottom-line is that, if it were me and I was taking both slave
and master out for a rebuild, I would take them out and have them sleeved
before the rebuild.

Chances are though that just a rebuild will do you just fine.....has for me
every couple of years.  Confused yet?  I sure am.  :)

I will do it one day (probably during our two weeks of winter down here,)
when I don't plan on driving the car for a couple of weeks and can send them
out.

Regards,

Allan (in San Diego)
B9472373