Re: Toploader, use 24" ??? (maybe)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Subject: Re: Toploader, use 24" ??? (maybe)
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:54:24 -0700
Steve wrote,
 "Read your remarks, and don't understand problem."
 Steve,  Basically my line of thinking was I would like the wide ratio
gears. I as you have heard from me before I am on a very limited budget.
IF, I found a trans (wide ratio) that was cheaper (I'm probably dreaming,
but you never know) than just the gears cost new then cost wise that would
seem to be the way to go. Knowing that the 24" trans is more prevalent than
the 25-1/2" I was just looking to see if anyone had adapted the shorter tran
to the Tiger. If you know a source for used wide ratio gears at a reasonable
price I could go that way too. I just didn't think that the gearset would be
available used. Hope that clears my thoughts up for you. Tom Witt B9470101