Re: Cool It

To: Scott Minton <sminton2000@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Cool It
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:40:33 -0700
Scott,

There is nothing at all wrong with the Tiger shroud. It could have it's
performance enhanced, slightly, by making a removable connection across
the bottom shroud gap, taking care to avoid the area between the fan and
the rack by carefully forming and cutting of the "bridge".

With all due respect to Dan Walters article, I happen to have had a
great deal of luck, even with the best of radiators and Canadian Ford
Fan, with a high quality pusher electric fan for traffic crawls and long
slow hills. Now I absolutely agree with him that neither the Canadian
Fan, or the electric fan, are of any major value over 30 mph, but under
the conditions described, they do the job, according to my gauge. Simple
on-off switch. Covered in TigersUnited Forum. Set your pull down windows
for messages older than just 30 days.

For really tough conditions, I have a hidden air guide for the lower
valence, and horn hole blockers, with horn feed-through.

Not sure what the effect of a missing surge tank is, as I have that and
a coolant recovery system, but have been told that the filler on the
right hand tank is the "correct" design.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman        < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

                          _/
                     _/_/_/