RE: Where there is smoke there is ####

To: <RGGAMMA@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Where there is smoke there is ####
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 17:01:22 -0700
Gunny (Smokin'),

What you need to solve this problem is a good ground strap from the engine
to the chassis. Without this, the current to the starter is having to take
any route available. I would also check the hydraulic line to the clutch, it
probably carried the rest of the current and got hot too. You should find a
ground strap of some sort under the car between the transmission and the
frame. Depending on what you find, either clean the connections and hook it
back up or also replace it with a similar piece. I have two separate straps
on mine, just to be double-sure, but one good one is all you really need.

TTFN,

Bob