Re: Where there is smoke there is ####

To: RGGAMMA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Where there is smoke there is ####
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@home.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 22:28:41 -0600
Like Bob said, the problem is the lack of a ground strap, or at least the lack
of
a good connection at the strap. Other things to check for damage (besides the
throttle cable and clutch linkage) are the little ground wires that attach to
the
generator (if you've got one of those, still), and the speedo cable, and the
ground wires from the speedo housing to the rest of the underdash wiring. If you
have a copper line running from the block to the oil pressure gauge, then check
it
and the oil pressure gauge's ground wires as well.

Good luck,
Theo Smit