Seats

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Seats
From: Dennis Clark <d-clark@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 10:02:45 -0700
Listers,

My Tiger's back on the road after 9 months at the body shop (front clip
and paint) with a new suspension and new wheels and tires (Minilites
15x6.5 from Rick and Yokohama AVS 205/50-ZR15, and thanks to the all of
you who responded to my questions about wheels/tires).

Now to the interior (car was wrecked in 1981 and stored outdoors until
we bought it in 1999) which basically is a total loss. We're not doing a
restoration, but want to get a good looking driver. I'm thinking it
would be better (easier? cheaper? faster?) to replace the seats (saving
the originals for a possible future owner/restorer) with a modern Recaro
type seat. My question is whether anyone has information about new seats
that will bolt into a Tiger and provide the looks/comfort/support that a
Tiger should have!

Any input appreciated...

Dennis Clark