Re: heating again

To: jimboynton@mediaone.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: heating again
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 08:38:04 EDT
In a message dated 9/11/01 8:24:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jimboynton@mediaone.net writes:

>  What's the chances the 35
>  year old temp gauge is completely off? If it's truly overheating wouldn't I
>  have difficulty re-starting and have coolant boiling over somewhere.
Go get a mechanical gauge and splice it in the coolant line temporarily.
Autozone has one for about $14.  That will give you a better reading of your
temperature.  I have done this and decided to keep it (for the time being) as
it gives me  piece of mind. My Smiths gague reads about 20 to 35 degrees
higher!!

Rob